INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL IN GLACIOLOGY
7-17 June 2022
The University of Alaska (UAF) has organized bi-annual summer schools in glaciology since 2010 open to graduate students in glaciology around the world. The course is held at the Wrangell Mountains Center in McCarthy, Alaska.
Application deadline: 15 January 2022
We received 134 applications. Selected participants have been selected and are listed under ´Participants´ below
The course scheduled for 2020 and then postponed to 2021 had to be cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Note the summer school takes place just before the IGS Symposium on Maritime Glaciers, to be held in Juneau, Alaska, 19 - 24 June 2022.
Andy Aschwanden, Ed Bueler, Mark Fahnestock, Regine Hock, Eric Peterson, Martin Truffer (U Alaska Fairbanks, UAF)
Sarah Child (University of Boulder), Aleah Sommers (Dartmouth College, New Hampshire)
Michael Loso (National Park Service Alaska)
The course is sponsored by
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- The Norwegian-North American Glaciology Exchange Program RemoteEx
- International Glaciological Society (IGS)
- International Association of Cryospheric Sciences (IACS)
- International Arctic Science Committee (IASC)
- The journal Frontiers in Earth Science
- International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics (IUGG)
- Geophysical Institute, University of Alaska Fairbanks
- 2 private (glaciologist) donors