INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL IN GLACIOLOGY
The University of Alaska (UAF) has organized bi-annual summer schools in glaciology since 2010 open to graduate students in glaciology around the world. The course is held at the Wrangell Mountains Center in McCarthy, Alaska.
The next course will be held 6-16 June, 2020.
Application deadline: 25 January 2020
Update 31 March 2020:
The summer school has been cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We plan to run it in summer 2021 instead.
Andy Aschwanden, Ed Bueler, Mark Fahnestock, Regine Hock, Martin Truffer (UAF)
Kelly Brunt (Univ. of Maryland & NASA Cryospheric Sciences Laboratory), Matt Hoffman (Los Alamos National Lab), Erin Whorton
Guest instructor: Mike Loso (National Parks Service Alaska)
The course is sponsored by
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- The Norwegian-North American Glaciology Exchange Program RemoteEx
- International Glaciological Society (IGS)
- International Association of Cryospheric Sciences (IACS)
- The journal Frontiers in Earth Science
- International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics (IUGG)
- Geophysical Institute, University of Alaska Fairbanks
- 2 private (glaciologist) donors