2>Registration / Fees / Visa
For deadlines see ‘Important dates’
Online registration is open now. Click here to register. The pre-registration deadline is 2 April.
After that date the late registration surcharge $80 will be added to the registration fee.
Abstract submission is closed. More than 300 abstracts have been submitted.
All fees are in US Dollars, USD
- Participant (IGS member): $490
- Participant (not IGS member): $600
- Student or retired (IGS member): $230
- Student or retired (not IGS member): $290
- Accompanying person (18+): $220
- Accompanying person (12–17): $110
- Accompanying person (
- Late registration surcharge (after 2 April 2012): $80
The fees include
- Sunday icebreaker including snacks and drinks
- daily morning/afternoon coffee/snacks
- daily luncheons (Mon–Fri)
- banquet including multiple course dinner and riverboat cruise
- an evening BBQ on campus including entrance fee to the Museum of the North
- mid-week half-day excursion including transportation and entrance fees
REGISTRATION BY MAIL: Though we strongly prefer registration through the
website, it can however also be done by filling in and returning the back page of
the second circular. If payment by credit card is not possible, contact the IGS office to
arrange for a bank transfer. Payments made after 2 April 2012 must include the
additional $80 late-registration fee. When completed, please send the form to
the Secretary General at the IGS address.
Funding is available to partially support student and postdoc attendance at this symposium.
Applications should be send by email to Regine Hock (regine @ gi.alaska.edu), and include
a CV (max. 1 page), a brief statement of motivation (max 1/2 page) and specification
of your financial needs. Deadline is 15 February 2012.
Please send the application as ONE single pdf file using your name as filename. Applications exceeding 2 pages will not be considered.
International participants need to check the visa requirements. Click here for detailed information.
Note that international travelers who are eligible to enter the US under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) (e.g. most European countries fall in that category) need to register before the flight on the Electronic System for Travel Authorization Web Site.
If you are not eligible for the Visa Waiver Program and need a letter of invitation to apply for your visa please download this template. Fill in all parts that are marked in red and send it back to Regine Hock (regine @ gi.alaska.edu). Please indicate if a digital version is sufficient or if you also need a paper copy sent by mail.